Sunday 18 March 2012

Not Happy

Had a bad day today. Only 6 weeks to the MK Marathon and my left calf muscle has a strain. I pulled up on my long run today with a sharp pain in my muscle. I had a niggling pain in the muscle from my last long run on Monday when I ran 17miles in 2hr31mins. I done another run on Wednesday, doing some Fartlekking and again it felt bad. I thought I would give it a miss for next few days until today. By the looks a have a class 2 grade muscle strain from what I have read which could take 4-6 weeks to heal. Question now is what do I do. I'm determined to run the marathon as I have put in more training and feel confident in beating my PB. 
I have used my ultrasound and applied an ice pack and rested today and will keep the treatment up until I feel I'm ready to commit to running again. I'm going to give it at least 2 weeks before I will try and run but cross fingers the treatment will pay off. Well got to get back and get that ice pack on. Will update you all next week .
By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment