Friday 3 December 2010

Fartlekking Today

Hi all. What a week it's been, weather and all. I don't know about you but I wasn't going to venture out there and try and run, so it was of to the gym and a session on the Tread Mill. I ran for 45mins with a 5min warm up at a slow pace. No heart monitor here just pace. After the warm up a steady pace 7mph for 10mins, then a 1min sprint then a jog at 6mph for 2min30secs then normal pace was resumed for 2min30sec. This I repeated 5 times and finished at my normal pace. I decided to increase my time to 50mins and managed to run 6miles(10k). 
Once completed a light session on the weights, concentrating on the upper body chest, arms and back, finishing of some core work. A good session and well needed as I haven't been able to train as much as I would have liked. 
One thing I am experiencing at the moment is like a pressure sore on the base of my big toes around where I'm building up some hard skin. Would be great if anyone that does read this have some advice.
Lastly, I had a session of acupuncture today to alleviate a reoccurring lower back pain where my muscles spasm. Can I just say, How deep did he push them needles in my back, I swear he hit bone at one point. I just hope after all this, it solves the problem.
Well, of now and planning my next run, hopefully once the snow melts. 
Later everyone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment